Sunday, December 20, 2009

Plans

Here it is almost Christmas and I am ill prepared for it this year. I do have some plans. I planned to go to Las Vegas and be with friends from Christmas through New Years but plans may have to change.
I walked into my laundry room to find a puddle of water ankle deep last night. The room contains a furnace, water heater,water conditioner and washer and dryer. I set about finding the cause and after a bunch of phone calls determined that it is the water heater. After calling the 24 hour hotline the manufacturer has on the unit I was still in a quandry. They said it was probably just a bit of condensation due to cold weather. Condensation? The water was dripping about half an ounce an hour. If you do the math and factor in a ten day vacation, I may as well have a jaccuzi in there. So I have a call in to a plumber or two and see if anyone is in town to fix this before I head out for what is a 600 mile journey. Will I be able to take a shower before I go? All these little things make me crazy.
Did I mention my cat sitter and the backup cat sitter both flaked out on me? Sure, why not, just add that to the joy of the holidays. I finally called all my friends, cajoled and grovelled until someone offered to at least be here every three days and look in on the kitties.
I do have most of my gifts wrapped, one more to go, and need to have my mail held which is not a big deal. I just have this feeling that no matter what I do there will be obsticles in my way and my little vacation will be less than great as I will be constantly stressing about the house and the kitties.
My friend Dianne sent an email to me about stressing less and enjoying life to the fullest, you know, one of those we get every once in a while meant to cheer us. I did follow one bit of advice though. I am now wearing my best clothes, even to the store, along with my best perfume. After all, what if this is my last day on earth, who am I saving it for anyway. I have also colored my hair from blonde to an earthy red/brown. When I got out of the shower and my hair was still wet it looked like my head was on fire. I don't care, I like it. I will no longer wear high heels because they cause pain and foot problems I no longer wish to endure. Admittedly heels make ones but look better, sort of uplifiting, so I will continue with my long forgotten and overlooked Hatha Yoga practice and that will lift more than my spirits and butt. I reccomend the 28 day Yoga plan by Hittleman. It was published in 1969 and still is the best book on Yoga around. Very simple, good illustrations and very doable.
So happy holidays to all of you who care to stop by and read my ramblings. If I get a chance to blog in Las Vegas I will, if not, Happy New Year too.

No comments:

Post a Comment