Friday, December 4, 2009

Photos

The photos below are, from top to bottom, a street in San Miguel Allende, my painting of a buffalo and my painting of Caleb. I love to paint and I love to take picture. I am continually fascinated with the world and the people in it.
My recent exhibit at a local gallery got rave reviews,"best show ever" etc. No sales, but terrific reviews and press. I guess we all take a hit in this economy and art has always taken it. I am not disappointed although I would have been over the moon with some sales.
Some of the best paintings I have done where the ones that I stopped the car just to take the picture because the scene was so beautiful and full of life. My award winning landscapes however were done from memory so maybe the pictures don't help that much, who knows. I intend one day to do a painting of that street in San Miguel although the photo is really special. I'm tempted just to do a bunch of prints from it and call it good.
Tonight I attended two galleries and met some artists. Despite the cold our little town was out in force to watch the Christmas parade and look through the shops. I had a terrific conversation with a native Idaho man who filled me in with stories about the local lore, it was lots of fun to hear the legends mixed with facts. So very entertaining to meet people. I can't wait to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment