Sunday, January 3, 2010

Diet

Hello All and Happy New Year.
I had a more fantastic time this new years eve than ever in living memory. The only glitch was my sore knee. I had a meniscus repair and could not dance. I met lots of new people and had interesting conversation, lots of wine and a martini or two.
I also took a good look at myself in a full length mirror while naked. Gee, where did all this ugly fat come from. I guess I was either not paying attention or hiding behind my clothes. The clothes of course got progressively larger. At the risk of sounding redundant I am now going to take better care of myself.
At the beginning of my blog I did mention issues with food. I will just have to grapple with them as best I can and get on with living like a normal human being. I always had a good self image and maybe that is part of the problem. No matter how heavy I got I figured I was a really good looking person. Well guess what. The days of looking through rose colored glasses are over. I am now keeping a food diary and counting every bite which goes into my mouth. To prove how serious I am I will now post my most shameful secret. I weighed this morning at 238.8 pounds. That means I have a good hundred pounds to lose. I will settle for 25 this year of 2010 but if more comes off all the better. I bet my knee would feel a lot better too.

My friend D who lives in Las Vegas, Mesquite and Duck Creek Village (yes, all those places on a rotation basis) wants me to leave Idaho on move in with her. She has been widowed for six years and is lonesome for company other than her two dogs. I adore the hounds but I have two cats and I love my little house in Idaho. On the other hand her social life in Mesquite is par excellence! I met the people in her singles group and they have an enormous amount of fun. I could surely use some fun in my life. Growing fruit and vegetables has its limits for fun. I also have my two kitties so dogs and cats, especially cat killer dogs, do not mix. Dilemma. I also like the idea of living my own life instead of joining in on someone else's. Any comments on this?

3 comments:

  1. Happy New year to you..I hope that wonderful and grate surprises await.

    I feel you on the weight gain..little pounds and inches sneak up on us over night! I too" am on a quest to be healthier and eat better this year... If i put on a red suit and a hat I could be Santas cousin! and I'm not happy with that look.

    I can also understand your dilemma concerning moving in with your friend.

    you would have to make several changes to your way of living.. But it may be easier than you might think to make these changes..for it's the unknown that make us uncomfortable...The how? why? and what if's?

    But trust your inner voice it will tell you to do what's best for you.. Ponder this quietly and don't dwell on it a long time.. for You will make the right choice and will be proud of yourself for doing so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you well on you diet journey. It takes alot of courage to share it others.

    I love the picture of your garden in June. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Vetsy and Peggy for your lovely comments. I am on my way to a better day.

    ReplyDelete