Thursday, December 3, 2009

OMG

I was looking at the pictures of celebs on OMG. I like to see what the fashionistas are looking like and of course who everyone is dating. The comments sometimes seem really abusive. If you think about it, here are people who have never achieved any kind of fame or recognition in their lives but they feel free to totally trash people who have made it. It must be really hard for a person to depend on their looks as part of their job. I don't think I would like that kind of pressure.
Some of the clothes, especially the ones women wear, do get pretty strange. I'm guessing it's because they want the attention at any cost. I have heard that there is no such thing as bad press. Getting in the limelight must be a priority for some.

I saw a picture of Pam Anderson in a dress which looked like someone threw a bunch of pink cloth at her and pinned it on. Now there is a lovely woman and I can only imagine desperation made her do it to get some press. The obsession with the youth culture is so pervasive and poisonous. Very few have the guts to age gracefully if they are celebs. Then there are the before and after pictures of child stars in their golden years. Can we ever leave these people in peace? I don't like the way time changes my looks either but at least my net worth is not connected to it.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    Vetsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your blog. Gardening is a big thing with me too. I have not had the time to fully explore your blog but will do so at my first opportunity.
    Happy Holidays

    ReplyDelete