Sunday, April 18, 2010

spring

Yes indeed, spring has sprung and with a vengeance. My day of rest turned out to be a day of toil in the soil. I guess most of you are experiencing the same thing. The thing that really got to me is buying plants for three large pots in front of the house and spending darn near fifty dollars. I call that rude inflation especially considering the times.
I called my guy who sprays the dormant oil for the fruit trees and asked if he forgot about me because by now the blossoms are fighting to get out of bud. He said he did not forget ( oh yes he did ) that the wind was keeping him from doing his rounds as he should. I think he went fishing. I also have a valve cover which burst from the outside sprinkling system last fall and if he doesn't come soon to fix that my entire yard may turn belly up. Not really, I can hand water, but what a nuisance.
Sparky's name has been changed to Dudley. D. said she always wanted to name a male dog Dudley, so what could I do? Anyway, I would not have named this sweet boy Sparky to begin with. so it's fine.
Our local little bead store has offered a part time job and I think I will take it. I love beading and the inter action of the people who enjoy the same hobby. They have classes to so it should be a lot of fun. I need fun.
My diet has gone to hell this past two weeks. Have no idea why. I think I listened to the wrong people about it, always a mistake, I should just trust myself and keep my mouth shut so I don't get unwanted advice, although well meant.
I had lunch with some women from my office. One of them is a chronic complainer and gets on my nerves, what to do. I hate to distance myself from her as otherwise she is very nice and kind. Besides that she is a terrific cook!
More later, gotta take the Dudley for his little walk.

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps your cats will like Sparky better as a Dudley. We raised a dog with four cats - the dog thought he was a cat.
    Beading as jewelry or beading that is sewn on to fabric? I tried the jewelry type - had fun, learned a little, but outside of class I realized that I needed to be back in class. Now, the shop has closed and I have not found another one close by. Actually I did; but from the display of class projects I think I know about as much as the so called instructor - life, go figure.
    Hope you do enjoy the job.

    ReplyDelete