Thursday, February 4, 2010

fearasamotivator

Hello All,

I watched an episode of Oprah today, a rare treat. They had Dr. Oz on the show and the featured topic was diabetes. I was motivated before to not get full blown Diabetes 2 but after watching that show I am not truly fearful of not doing the right thing here regarding diet and even (dare I say it) exercise. Don't get me wrong I like exercise I just don't like getting started again. It's sort of like a cold shower experience. I do plant to go to the senior center in our area on Mondays because they have line dancing and it's only $3.00 to go. As long as I don't have to put up with some old fart drooling on me or smelling bad I'm all for it. Seems like line dancing is the perfect thing, no partner required.
Getting back to the show. They said that extra sugar in the system is like having broken glass shards going through your veins. How's that for a visual. Then they went to a hospital where a woman who used to be nurse, but had diabetes, had some of her leg amputated. If that doesn't put the fear in you I don't think anything will but I did me. I'm on my way to Barns and Noble to see if I can snag some books on diet without a lot of scary pictures in the book. I got the message already.
My friend in Las Vegas emailed me and said that my gift to her Mother, a jar of Idaho huckleberries, was made into a pie. The pie was so good it is now her favorite flavor running neck and neck with chocolate. I could just weep!

No comments:

Post a Comment