Saturday, February 6, 2010

againwithemeds


I received a call from Walgreen's, you know, the automated call, that I had an RX. I thought I had picked all of them up so I called. It seems I had one for some vitamin D which I did not know was prescribed. I'm guessing, because no one told me, that I am severely deficient in this because the dosage is a whopping 50,000 IU. No, I did not put too many zeroes there it really is fifty thousand. Directions said to take one per week for eight weeks. It would have really been nice if someone had told me about this and why I'm taking it.
As always I look to the Internet for some sort of info. There are a lot of things which this dosage is for but I narrowed mine down to two things. I have been extremely tired lately and my bones have been hurting. I thought it was arthritis but maybe not. I intend to take these things as prescribed and make an appointment at the end of the eight week period, unless I have some adverse reaction or other to the vitamins, could happen.
A friend of mine made the comment that perhaps it was my not being out int he sun (she said I always looked pale)that was partially the cause. In my defence I read when I was 24, ages ago, that the sun caused cancer so of course I avoided it all I could unless I was in my garden in the spring and summer and even then I wore a hat and long sleeves. I have never been a sun bather. I consider sun bathing a real bore besides being dangerous for one's health. You just try your best in this life and somehow with the best intentions whatever you do there seems to be something wrong with it in the end. I laugh at that though. I think life is a giant stage of comedy and farce. At least that has been what has gotten me through it.
I'm enclosing this picture, taken today, of my pale self. This is the real me. It gives me a giggle to have Marlena as my photo though and therefore I don't want to change it. I feel my life is way to quiet and predictable so that is the only racy thing about me is the picture. My alter ego so to speak.
I know I look quite serious in this picture but really I'm not, just concentrating on holding the camera at arms length and such.

2 comments:

  1. When I was a child my family and I took Cod liver oil straight through the winter.

    It was an old fashioned winter tonic passed down from My parent's and their elders for what ailed us during the winter.. and it is one that I certainly should re-visit for ..

    living in a cold climate like Michigan even though the weather has been unusually mild this year..can cause one to have Vitamin D deficiencies for the lack of sun.

    I'm currently searching for natural things to help me fight fatigue and give me more strength through out my body also.

    I hope this info helps you a little..I can certainly relate!...... Type in your search bar ( 5 Health Benefits of Cod Liver Oil) I know you will love what you learn from this web page.

    have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you call your doctor to verify the Rx for the large dosage of Vitamin D, and to find the reason for it. Your friend is right about taking Vitamin D when you are not in the sun. We need D to use Calcium correctly. There is a lot of fairly new information about Vit. D, which I believe I read is actually a hormone (don't quote me though).
    I love the trail through your garden.
    Hope all goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete